Midway through Heroes: Season 3 I realized how quickly video streaming technology has evolved in the last few years. Think about the multitude of ways you can now get your fix.
- Regular old TV
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR): TiVo, MythTV, cable box DVR
- YouTube (and other video-sharing sites)
- NetFlix’s Watch Instantly
- Networks’ websites (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, etc.)
- NetFlix and Blockbuster DVDs to your door
- Video rental stores
- Red Box (at grocery stores and various other locations)
- On my iPhone using NBC’s mobile player.
Loren brought to my attention another category which I left off entirely, which is software/hardware combos for consuming the aforementioned services:
- Apple TV
- Roku Digital Video Player
- Xbox 360
- LG Network Blu-ray Players
- Samsung Network Blu-ray Players
Just 15 years ago that list was a lot smaller: TV, video rental stores, VCR.
What’s your favorite viewing service?
One response to “How do you watch your television shows?”
The upfront cost is a little steep, but I think I would love Apple TV if I had it.