Thanks to Paul Reinheimer for sneakily tagging me.
- I made it to the state tennis tournament 3 out of 4 years in high school.
- I read the entire DOS manual when I was 5.
- I’ve owned a house since I was 23.
- In 1993 and 1994 I saw every state in the U.S. and in 1995 I spent 6 weeks in England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales.
- My first Flash game, Stock Rider, was actually quite involved. Check it out!
- I sold Cutco knives for two weeks and actually got someone to buy the $2000+ set.
- My wife refuses to read my blog. (oh wait…most of you already knew that.)
Tag! You’re It!
Today is very special. After 150 hours of hard work and sleepless nights, I have released Stock Rider, a flash-based game where you ski real market data.
This is my first big Flash piece and I am so happy with the results. It uses Box2D for Flash as the physics engine, incorporates sounds, side-scrolling, high score submitting, pulling external data, and so much more. Please take a few minutes to check it out…it’s really quite fun. If you can’t get the hang of it, let me know in the comments and I’ll see if I can help you out.
A special thanks goes out to the following people:
Every morning, I got to work and heard, “I made another hundred dollars on Apple today.” After feeling left out I decided it was time to take advantage of Apple and make some money for myself. So I signed up for a Fidelity account and waited…and waited…and waited. Finally (mind you after Apple had risen from $99 to $124), my funds were approved and I was able to transfer money into my Fidelity account. I immediately purchased some shares and watched the stock climb…and climb…and climb.
As the day of the earnings report drew near I eagerly anticipated a huge jump in the stock. I wasn’t wrong. The stock skyrocketed. I thought, “Whoa! I need more!” So I bought almost as many shares as I had originally in the thoughts that the momentum would continue forward. Bad move. As you can see from the charts below, the stock hasn’t gone anywhere but down and I’m not very happy about it!